Development for All
The past 48 months stand as evidence for Prime Minister Modi’s desire to ensure development for all. Under him, the Indian government has implemented various schemes and programmes for the welfare of the Indian masses.
- One flagship program of the Modi government is the Jan - Dhan Yojana. Under this program, the formal banking sector is easily accessible to the Indian masses and thus, provides for financial inclusion.
- Another leading scheme is the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna, which aims at providing affordable housing to more than 4 crore people residing in rural areas.
- The Ujjwala Yojana scheme of the government to provide for the use of clean LPG gas in rural areas has touched many lives.
- The construction of roads to link villages has had a significant impact on the rural masses. This factor along with the focus on rural employment, through MNREGA, has been an impelling cause for rural development.
- The Gram Jyoti Yojana, implemented by the government, has served to supply full-time electricity supply to the rural population.